Professor Zhixiang Yu2008-present Professor, College of Chemistry, Peking University
College of Chemistry, Peking University, Beijing, 100871
Office: (86-10) 6276-7735
FAX: (86-10) 6275-1708
2004-2008 Associate Professor, College of Chemistry, Peking University
2001-2004 Postdoc. University of California, Los Angeles
1997-2001 Ph.D, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (computational organic chemistry )
1994-1997 MS, Peking University (synthetic organic chemistry)
1987-1991 BS, Department of Chemistry, Wuhan University
Honors and Awards
1. The Asian Core Program Lectureship Award, the Asian Cutting-Edge Organic Chemistry programs, 2008
2. The National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars of China, 2008
3. Young Chemist Award, the Chinese Chemical Society & the Royal Society of Chemistry, 2008.
4. Thieme Synlett/Synthesis Journal Award, 2008.
5. Nominated for the Chancellor's Award for Postdocoral Research, University of California, Los Angeles, 2004.
6. Research Excellence Award, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles, 2004.
7. Schmoozeman Award, The Organic Division of The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles, 2002.
8. Best Poster Award, The Eighth Symposium on Chemistry Postgraduate Research in Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 2001.
1. “A Theoretical Study on the Mechanism and Diastereoselectivity of the Kulinkovich Hydroxycyclopropanation Reaction.”
Yun-Dong Wu* and Zhi-Xiang Yu, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2001, 123, 5777.
2. “Aromatic Dienophiles. I: A Theoretic Study of Inverse-electron Demand Diels-Alder Reaction between 2-Aminopyrrole and 1,3,5-Triazine.”
Zhi-Xiang Yu, Qun Dang and Yun-Dong Wu,* J. Org. Chem. 2001, 66, 6029.
3. “A Theoretical Study of the Mechanisms and Regiochemistry of the Reactions of 5-Alkoxyoxazole with Thioaldehydes, Nitroso Compounds and Aldehydes.”
Zhi-Xiang Yu and Yun-Dong Wu,* J. Org. Chem. 2003, 68, 412.
4. “A DFT Study of the Mechanisms and Regio- and Stereochemistry of the Lewis-Acid-Catalyzed Reactions of 5-Alkoxyoxazoles with Aldehydes: Aryl Substitution at the 2 Position of 5-Alkoxyoxazole is Critical to the Formation of 4-Alkoxycarbonyl-2- Oxazoline.”
Zhi-Xiang Yu and Yun-Dong Wu,* J. Org. Chem. 2003, 68, 421.
5. “A SN2-like Transition State for Alkene Episulfidation by Dinitrogen Sulfide.”
Zhi-Xiang Yu and Yun-Dong Wu,* J. Org. Chem. 2003, 68, 6049.
6. “Clarification of the Mechanism of the Cascade Reactions Involving Inverse-Electron Demand Diels-Alder Reactions Between Amino-substituted Heterocycles and 1,3,5-Triazine.”
Zhi-Xiang Yu, Qun Dang and Yun-Dong Wu,* J. Org. Chem. 2005, 70, 998.
7. “Why Trimerization? Computational Elucidation of the Origin of Selective Trimerization of Ethene Catalyzed by TaCl3(CH3)2 and An Agostic-assisted Hydride Transfer Mechanism.”
Zhi-Xiang Yu and K. N. Houk,* Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2003, 42, 808.
8. “Dimerizations of Nitrile Oxides to Furoxans Are Stepwise via Dinitrosoalkene Diradicals: A Density Functional Theory Study.”
Zhi-Xiang Yu, P. Caramella and K. N. Houk,* J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2003, 125, 15420.
9. “Intramolecular 1,3-Dipolar Ene Reactions of Nitrile Oxides Occur By Stepwise 1,1-Cycloaddition/Retro-Ene Mechanisms.”
Zhi-Xiang Yu and K. N. Houk,* J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2003, 125, 13825.
10. “On the Mechanism of [Rh(CO)2Cl]2 Catalyzed Intermolecular (5+2) Reactions Between Vinylcyclopropanes and Alkynes”.
Zhi-Xiang Yu, Paul A. Wender* and K. N. Houk,* J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2004, 126, 9154.